Hungry Stu 46

Mad Skillz (576)
Dec 14, 2009
03:48 pm

Can anyone help me out with where to buy kids cycling clothing?

Specifically I am keen to get a jersey and a pair of Knicks for an 8y/o boy?

I would prefer to keep the purchase local (Bris northside) rather than online if that's possible.

symo

Mad Skillz (785)
Dec 14, 2009
04:10 pm

Dont know anything local but these guys have some stuff.

ABC outlets

MTBTEEN 20

Grim Ripper (1321)
Dec 14, 2009
04:12 pm

Anaconda has kids clothes Mountain biking

SpeedBump

Knob Scrubber (398)
Dec 14, 2009
07:01 pm

Once again, I know it's not local, but Torpedo 7 have ridiculous prices on NZo brand MTB clothing (around $15 for shorts that usually retail closer to $100 and around $15 for jerseys too). The only catch - all their stock are Small and XSmall. Perfect for little kids!

My kids and I have used this brand since we got into riding and love 'em to bits!!

Click HERE

pinkbike

Knob Scrubber (281)
Dec 14, 2009
07:31 pm

Sorry Hungry Stu - not sure of any local crowds selling sizes small enough for an 8yo. I have an 11yo girl and have trawled most bike shops and always struggled to find gear to fit her. I have only rarely seen anything small enough - but always much too dear for a kid who is stilll growing! And at that age even the XS stuff in ladies is too big.

However, I have had great success with this crowd in the USA. Very inexpensive, cheap and quick postage too. Not a local option though.

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/child.htm

Kiddie knicks for US$14.95 and plain coloured jerseys for US$19.95 is pretty hard to beat, especially when the dollar is decent. I bought a few pairs of knicks and a couple of jerseys for her before we did Cycle Queensland last year (because we needed enough cycling gear for a few days) and they are all still going strong 18months later. I note they now have a few cooler-looking designs in jerseys and even shy shorts for US$39.95.

Good luck with the hunt.icon_biggrin

✎ Dec 14, 2009 07:32 pm  

WoodyJNR

Mad Skillz (819)
Dec 15, 2009
07:13 am

Stu i got my campers some of the NZO stuff that Marc (above) was talking about from T7 and although they are a little on the large size at least they get more arm coverage and they can grow into them. If you can get XXS then bonza otherwise Small isnt too bad. I got some smalls for my guys and they are 11,10 and 8.

Also Cell may have small jerseys and fast turnaround.

WoodyJNR

Hungry Stu 46

Mad Skillz (576)
Dec 15, 2009
08:42 am

Thanks Guys.

I'll have a look at all those options.

VoodooSS

Grim Ripper (1263)
Dec 16, 2009
10:01 am

probably too late but T7 has some kids jerseys on special today...

Hey.. it's the thought that counts

Hungry Stu 46

Mad Skillz (576)
Dec 16, 2009
10:46 am

Quote: PtZell

probably too late but T7 has some kids jerseys on special today...

Hey.. it's the thought that counts

Hey thanks PtZell,

Tips on where on the site? - found it thanks!

✎ Dec 16, 2009 11:06 am  

Hungry Stu 46

Mad Skillz (576)
Dec 22, 2009
06:59 am

Just a follow up for those that may be interested.

All the items that I found were for teenage sizings rather than young (around 10y/o) sizings and I am trying to get my kids used to the tight lyca feel incase they want to get into road riding!

So, luckily the guys at 99 Bikes Chernside were on the case. They didn't have anything in stock, but chased down the right gear from Netti (at reasonable prices), CALLED US BACK (!!!!!) and ordered them in for us (WITHOUT DEPOSIT).

So +1 for 99Bikes Chermside!

cherry1234

Noob (1)
Oct 10, 2017
07:58 pm

Hi Hungry Stu,

I don't know more about local shops because I prefer online shopping. So you can search various clothing websites to buy jersey and pair of knicks.

You can search here:

http://store.nba.com

https://petitelapetite.com/

VoodooSS

Grim Ripper (1263)
Oct 21, 2017
12:47 pm

Hey Stu...

They will fit the kids now....

HA ! !! told you it was a matter of timing..