aaronwray 39

Mad Skillz (861)
Apr 22, 2014
09:29 am

My ayup charger has given up the ghost (Flashes a couple of time then says battery is charged), just putting it out there if anyone has one laying around that they are willing to sell, I'm looking for preferably a 2 or 4 battery charger.

Thanks

matt_dog

Knob Scrubber (277)
Apr 22, 2014
09:56 am

Quote: aaronwray

My ayup charger has given up the ghost (Flashes a couple of time then says battery is charged), just putting it out there if anyone has one laying around that they are willing to sell, I'm looking for preferably a 2 or 4 battery charger.

Thanks

Other possibilites...

1. Battery issue

2. Only the power supply to the charger. I have found it very, very rare that the chargers fail.

There are no 4 channel chargers for Ay Ups.

Do you have a car charging cable? Try using the car charging cable to determine the possibility of a faulty mains power supply unit.

If you want, you can pop over to my place and I can do some more fault finding for you if you have not already 100% confirmed it is your charger and point you in the right direction to rectify

Matt

aaronwray 39

Mad Skillz (861)
Apr 22, 2014
10:03 am

Quote: matt_dog

Quote: aaronwray

Thanks

Other possibilites...

1. Battery issue

2. Only the power supply to the charger. I have found it very, very rare that the chargers fail.

There are no 4 channel chargers for Ay Ups.

Do you have a car charging cable? Try using the car charging cable to determine the possibility of a faulty mains power supply unit.

If you want, you can pop over to my place and I can do some more fault finding for you if you have not already 100% confirmed it is your charger and point you in the right direction to rectify

Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for your reply.

1. It could be a battery issue but I've tried 4/5 different batteries and they all do the same thing, I wouldn't discount it as most of them have a few years on them now.

2. I tried the car charger last night it did the same thing. Thanks I didn't look at the pictures properly I recalled there being a multiple one at some point Smile

I'd appreciate the fault finding I'll send you a PM.

Thanks

Aaron

Browy 50

Gumby (66)
Apr 22, 2014
04:54 pm

Aaron, I have just sent my lights and batteries back to Ay-up because i was having some connection issues and wanted them to check them out as i wasn't sure if it was the lights or batteries or a combo of both. I have six batteries and two light sets.

It turned out that both my lights had issues with the "electronics" so they replaced the bridge centre's and returned them.

This was done inside 24hrs and returned to me in express post. I emailed them to ask what to do and they were extremely accomodating. The best service i have ever received!!

aaronwray 39

Mad Skillz (861)
Apr 23, 2014
08:24 am

Thanks Browy. I've had these light sets for years now you mention it the connection to the light has been a bit tempremental lately I had put it down to old age and dirt. I have three lights and I think 5 batteries (Varying ages from a couple to a few years old) from memory. I'll go out and see them Monday seems strange to happen after years of service.

Rorence

Noob (5)
Jul 12, 2017
04:29 pm

To the more about charger that I know about is how to use 200w power inverter to charge camera battery when camping in the countryside. The way for me to use this tool is to connect with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. I can use it to charge shaver, laptop, phone quickly. Maybe you can catch more information about its functions on bestekmall. Hope this tip is useful to you. Warm regards.