DrSlow 45

Noob (35)
Sep 22, 2014
08:20 pm

Does anyone know if there is a trail linking Elanda point to the Harry Spring's Hut Road? Will be camping at Elanda on the school holidays and I was keen on a ride through to Harry's Hut if it's possible.

Cheers

Steve

Neilius 55

Grim Ripper (1742)
System manager
Sep 22, 2014
09:33 pm

PM Sent.

JamieA 48

Noob (5)
Sep 23, 2014
01:01 pm

I'd be interested in that as well. Heading up next (long) weekend and was thinking of going for a ride up that way.

Any chance you could copy me on that one Neilius - as long as there's no lantana on the way Wink

Jamie

Neilius 55

Grim Ripper (1742)
System manager
Sep 23, 2014
01:04 pm

Jamie

It's illegal to ride on those tracks.

Neil

JamieA 48

Noob (5)
Sep 23, 2014
01:13 pm

Thanks Neil.

I'll just go the long way around then - via the road and watch out for the 4wd crowd Smile

Jamie

Neilius 55

Grim Ripper (1742)
System manager
Sep 23, 2014
05:08 pm

There is an alternative route through Yalanga Station via a road reserve along Galloways Lane between Kinmond Creek Road and Harrys Hut Road.

About a year ago I had conversations with the local council who confirmed that it is a legal road reserve and it is legal to cross.

Yalanga Station is the largest privately owned property on the Sunshine Coast.

Although it is a road reserve, it has a locked gate at the southern end.

The only problem is that the bridge on Galloways Lane over Kin Kin creek was washed out, so to get through you have to cross over onto private property, and need permission.

The land owner is approachable and reasonable, and if you approach him reasonably and give enough notice he'll unlock the gate for you.

If you need contact details for the Yalanga Station owner, please let me know and I'll send you a contact number.

Just remember that because part of the track is on private property, he is entitled to say "No" or suggest a time that's more convenient for him.

Also, it would be important to take a GPS so you didn't deviate from the road reserve.

symo

Mad Skillz (785)
Jun 27, 2017
01:02 pm

Looking at riding to Harry's Hut from Boreen Point in September so was wondering if permission is still required and if so how is it obtained?

Thanks,

Symo.

Neilius 55

Grim Ripper (1742)
System manager
Jun 27, 2017
02:50 pm

PM Sent