PeteC 37

Dirt Squirt (107)
Oct 25, 2015
08:11 am

Gday all, for those who remember me from the odd Nelius Organized ride, and all other MTB Dirters: I am now based in Derby (or near enough to it) working with World Trail building a few tracks. So if you are in the area and want a local to show you around, hit me up!

creaky

Knob Scrubber (426)
Oct 25, 2015
09:08 pm

What an offer ... Gotta get back to Tassie with the bike this time !

PeteC 37

Dirt Squirt (107)
Oct 26, 2015
05:19 am

Do it! The tracks are (almost) as good as the hype and there are a few excellent old school tracks around. Availability of accommodation and food outlets are improving in Derby and surrounds, most of the town still hasn't really woken up yet tho. Welborough pub near by has some very good craft beer and cider on tap. It would be nice to have a few more QLD'ers to commiserate with about the cold Tounge out

ballast 51

Knob Scrubber (309)
Apr 08, 2016
09:29 pm

Was lucky enough to have a ride at the trails at Derby during the week. Do your self a favour and check them out if you can, heaps of great trails already and more on the way.

Ran into Glen Jacobs from World Trails after the ride and he said this stage should be completed in October.

I am lucky to have in-laws living down here so we visit pretty regularly, so I get to check out the trails here and earn brownie points as well. Bliss!

I am booking my leave pass early to head out and check out the rest of the build next visit. Tassie already has a stack of amazing trails and it just keeps getting better.

ballast 51

Knob Scrubber (309)
Jan 10, 2017
07:45 am

Went back for another look at Derby. Bigger and better again. Town was full of riders, cafes and a well equipped bike hire store with a fleet of new stumpies for around a hundred a day.

The trails are awesome. Well worth a visit.

Had a look at Hollybank as well. Good trails, only had my my Launnie bike (old Avanti hard tail) and limited time, so only did no sweat and tall timbers. No sweat is a fun beginners track, very flowy and around 5km. Tall timber is around 4km, is a bit steeper and has a few small rock drops, but nothing too extreme. Toilets onsite, but nearest town is 7km, and no bike gear there that I saw. Launnie is only 20minutes away so nice and close.

Also had a ride mid week at Kate Reed and was the only one there. Still a fun track and well maintained.

Heaps of options here and gets better each visit.

✎ Jan 10, 2017 07:46 am