Dirt Squirt (111)
Jul 10, 2016
07:39 am

For those who haven't seen this yet

Turning Japanese will be almost completely new

Tunnel of Love from rock garden will be new

Can't quite figure out what is going on at Gillians

https://www.facebook.com/seqta/posts/992657717450695:0

The link also includes details of proposed changes to suggest one way tracks. We did Possum Box down yesterday, and it is pretty good, so making it uphill diminishes a great downhill flow track.

Also rode TJ yesterday and it is great fun.

Still - Can't stop progress.

✎ Jul 10, 2016 07:47 am  

VoodooSS

Grim Ripper (1262)
Jul 10, 2016
06:51 pm

Yep read that last week.

Looks like TJ will soon exit onto bills..

If I read Gillian's right it will cross the Fireroad further down hill before climbing though switch backs to exit closer to TJ.

down will be the preference of travel for JA but in non peak times they can be ridden up.. Vikky verka for PB

cant quite figure TOL

✎ Jul 11, 2016 07:04 am  

whichway

Dirt Squirt (111)
Aug 13, 2016
01:41 pm

New Tunnel of Love and new rock garden open

New end of Gillians and ride through to the fire road open

Turning Japanese currently under construction, extension looks interesting

Downhill from Ripley's pegged out

darsh

Dirt Squirt (188)
Aug 15, 2016
03:13 pm

Quote: whichway

New Tunnel of Love and new rock garden

rock garden ?

its like someones paved garden leading to another flow/ super smooth generic trail

Big Dan

Grim Ripper (1627)
Aug 24, 2016
11:49 am

New trail is fantastic, good flow, nice size jumps and the rock garden middle line is harder than the old line. Happy days.

Hopefully the new Turning Jap is open after the rain settles it down.

!M GO!N NOMAD 32

Knob Scrubber (305)
Sep 01, 2016
07:47 pm

Quote: Big Dan

New trail is fantastic, good flow, nice size jumps and the rock garden middle line is harder than the old line. Happy days.

Hopefully the new Turning Jap is open after the rain settles it down.

I agree with Dan on tunnel of love,lots of flow.The rock garden is easier unless you think outside the box and go straight up the guts as dan said.

Glossy black or whatever its called is a most welcome addition to daisy just thought it could of been a little more CORNUBIAISH(is that a word) a little green for my liking,but I understand that for MTBING to move forward in SEQ we need to produce trails for the masses.

Turning Jap,now this I'm excited about.I cant wait for it to be sticky icky because it will be so much more fun.On the upside lots of two wheeled drifting is to be had in the dust.

THANKYOU to everyone who built these trails,people are quick to complain about this or that but after some good rain and some natural narrowing of the tracks the critics should be hushed.

09bravo092cents

nz_geo 41

Noob (23)
Sep 15, 2016
07:54 am

Rode Daisy yesterday and really really enjoyed the new trail developments.

Turning Japanese is just fantastic - exactly the kind of trail I like - fast, flowing, nice berms, tabletops and doubles.

Thank you to all involved in the design and construction of the trails.

whichway

Dirt Squirt (111)
Sep 15, 2016
05:48 pm

I finally sorted out that the A line on the rock garden needs moderate speed at the entry and hang on and hope on the exit.

flyboy 20

Grim Ripper (1859)
Sep 16, 2016
09:20 am

Quote: nz_geo

Rode Daisy yesterday and really really enjoyed the new trail developments.

Turning Japanese is just fantastic - exactly the kind of trail I like - fast, flowing, nice berms, tabletops and doubles.

Thank you to all involved in the design and construction of the trails.

Thank the Rangers for the vision and Pete from Trailworx for turning it into reality. It is great to see government departments becoming involved and that no volunteers were harmed(required) in the building of these trails. Wink

As said above, they have created some fun trails that will narrow down over time, yet will be resistant to erosion so will not need much maintenance.

aga 32

Noob (46)
Apr 17, 2017
07:33 pm

Hi all. Sorry to dig up an old topic but I just rode my cyclocross bike through a few of the trails at Daisy (Tunnel of Love, Koala, trail 4 [that connects to Gillians], Gillians, Ripleys, the one that goes from the end of Ripleys to the quary and Jumping Ant). I miss the old Daisy Hill 09missyou.

I understand that the trails need to be family friendly due to the increased popularity of "mountain biking" but I do miss having to utilize actual skill and technique on a trail. I actually found some of the fire trail climbs around the quarry to require more skill and technique than the some of the "MTB" trails.

I know that I am being a bit of a grouch and as I said, I do understand why these changes have been made and am okay with it. I still enjoy the area, I just don't need to take my MTB there anymore.

I've not been riding regularly lately (as you may have guessed Wink ) so I would appreciate it if someone could point me toward some fun trails with loose sections, technical gullies and paths less ridden. Something that you wouldn't take the kids to I guess. I used to ride Mt Joyce a little.

Once again, sorry for the gripe. I do appreciate the hard work that goes into the planning and construction of the trails and I will continue to ride them and respect the rules etc. I just miss being a little terrified on certain sections.

dorg

Noob (11)
Apr 18, 2017
06:02 am

Hiddenvale

JDB

Gumby (78)
Apr 18, 2017
02:08 pm

Cornubia is still a good challenge and just a little ride on from Daisy

aga 32

Noob (46)
Apr 19, 2017
12:03 pm

Ah, awesome. I had forgotten about Cornubia, haven't ridden there in years. Sounds like Daisy Hill warm-up then onto Cornubia. Is Nirvana still an awesome ride?

flyboy 20

Grim Ripper (1859)
Apr 19, 2017
10:56 pm

Quote: aga

Ah, awesome. I had forgotten about Cornubia, haven't ridden there in years. Sounds like Daisy Hill warm-up then onto Cornubia. Is Nirvana still an awesome ride?

Nirvana will kick your arse on a cx bike. Try Nerang as well.

VoodooSS

Grim Ripper (1262)
Apr 20, 2017
07:16 pm

After the recent rains nirvana wii kick your arse on a '75 speed' full suspension fat bike.

✎ Apr 20, 2017 07:17 pm