Christo111

Noob (2)
Oct 05, 2017
08:26 pm

I cannot believe how disapointing this shop is. It should be called 'NOT For The Riders'...I live in Victoria and after my son negotiated to buy a bike from someone in Brisbane the only thing to do was to have the bike inspected and then shipped to us by FOR THE RIDERS. The Owner dropped it off and I confirmed with the mechanic it was in the shop and due to be inspected, and if all ok I would pay the owner and the shop would pack and send it. Two hours later the owner informed my son that inspection was fine but someone from shop (staff) had bought it...the shop I had employed to check and send it had one of it's employers buy the bike out from under my son. He has worked hard to save, sold all his bikes and scrimped enough together to get it and these guys have the lack of decency to not only not fulfil their agreement but also undermine him. Says alot about the integrity of these people....beware!

✎ Oct 09, 2017 06:24 am  

Christo111

Noob (2)
Oct 06, 2017
06:30 am

I rang the shop to get their side of the story....got on to the owner who came back with a crappy story about the owner deciding to strip the bike and he (the bike owner) not wanting to deal with us. The bike owner later confirmed to me that the bike had been sold.

creaky

Knob Scrubber (432)
Oct 06, 2017
08:48 pm

Ive got nothing to do with FTR but sounds like you got screwed over by the guy selling the bike more that the shop. Story sounds one sided but, hey, it's the internet.

What do you hope to get out of this thread ?

Crab Man 51

Knob Scrubber (294)
Oct 06, 2017
10:31 pm

If what you say is 100%... they've done a dog act.

mark22

Gumby (50)
Oct 07, 2017
05:16 pm

To be fair, I'd say screwed by both as he was employing the shop to do the pre purchase. Good to know for future ref.

flyboy 20

Grim Ripper (1862)
Oct 09, 2017
12:35 pm

Sounds like you shouldn't have involved a 3rd party as it opened you up to being gazumped.

The seller is equally to blame. Name and shame him as well, not just FTR in that case.

mark22

Gumby (50)
Oct 09, 2017
01:16 pm

Quote: flyboy

Sounds like you shouldn't have involved a 3rd party as it opened you up to being gazumped.

The seller is equally to blame. Name and shame him as well, not just FTR in that case.

Phhht

The dude was paying FTR (oral contract) to inspect the bike, you are blaming the OP for getting a third party involved to inspect the bike for a FEE. Get real

✎ Oct 09, 2017 06:25 pm  

flyboy 20

Grim Ripper (1862)
Oct 14, 2017
05:40 am

Quote: mark22

Quote: flyboy

Phhht

The dude was paying FTR (oral contract) to inspect the bike, you are blaming the OP for getting a third party involved to inspect the bike for a FEE. Get real

Yes, I am. That is when it went pear shaped.

Anyway, the seller clearly had f.a. integrity but at the end of the day was little Johhny out of pocket? They weren't fleeced of money, just gazimped on the sale. There are always plenty of second hand bike out there.

ChrisP76 41

Gumby (51)
Oct 23, 2017
01:50 pm

You talk of integrity yet have only come onto this forum to bad mouth the shop when it had nothing to do with them. I know the guys at FTR quite well and know it was all on the guy that bought the bike to the shop to be boxed. They were only ever acting on the instructions given to them by the bikes owner.

Get your facts straight before jumping to conclusions and writing negative things about a shop youve never had anything to do with.