LeAngel

Mad Skillz (865)
Developer
Sep 28, 2018
01:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have setup a new facebook group for you all to use if you wish. We will be closing down the website in the next month as most people have left to social media and it has become to expensive to keep the server up.

I know it's a sad day after 14 years, but things change and we all have to move on.

Thank you for being here and enjoying the community, hope to see many of you over on the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2214839528549514/

Cheers Leanne and Steve

GazMann

Mad Skillz (720)
Sep 29, 2018
09:43 am

Sad day but totally understandable. Met a lot of great friends here

✎ Sep 29, 2018 09:44 am  

flyboy 21

Grim Ripper (1866)
Sep 30, 2018
11:49 am

I don't understand why mtbers left the forum style social media so fast. Other interest groups are still going strong through the use of forums. I find FB has no retained memory/library functionality and is very much an "in the moment, look at me" tool.

I too met a lot of great people and was privileged to be shown many great rides that were local knowledge only. The self entitled mob that smash the trails these days have no idea.

A sad day. Thank you Steve and Leanne.

Munrubenmuz 49

Grim Ripper (1066)
Oct 03, 2018
02:29 pm

Very sad to hear.

Facebook is a giant pain in the proverbial. A hodge podge of disparate closed off groups you have to join, subscribe to and monitor by scrolling though loads of rubbish just to see what's going on. No structure to the bloody thing at all. This was one of my favourite forums and it'll be a very sad day when they pull the pin on it.

Many thanks to the admins who ran the show, the tech gurus who were only too happy to help when you had a bike problem, the blokes I met on group rides and the other people who posted up their adventures, the laughs, the arguments about 'clown wheels', the new bikes threads, the for sale and nutrition threads. It was all good.

Cheers fellas (and the occasional ladies).

✎ Oct 03, 2018 02:30 pm  

andrewfr

Dirt Squirt (200)
Oct 08, 2018
10:27 am

Sad news. There is a lot of content and interactions here and I'm sure it introduced a lot of people to MTB.