Lonster44

Dirt Squirt (119)
Jun 19, 2013
01:06 pm

It got postponed a week to make space for a Tour de Bayview.

Excellent I can make the 1st July for Duck Ck!!

ezroller 44

Mad Skillz (594)
Jun 24, 2013
09:36 am

Hi all, well its Monday again which means tonight is our regular Monday Night Ride!!

For a change of scenery this time however, were taking the show on the road and heading over to BAYVIEW!!! There are a heap of posts on this forum about how great the place is, so lets find out for ourselves.

So same time - 7pm, but we will meet at the end of DAYS Rd, which is a dirt road running off German Church Rd (not far from the intersection with Redland Bay Rd). There is a map on this site under MTB Trails if you need directions.

Anybody else keen to join in, feel free to come along. See you all at 7 for a look at some fresh singletrack!!!

Post up if your coming along so we know numbers.

Chris

Floody

Knob Scrubber (338)
Jun 24, 2013
12:28 pm

I'm planning on coming along. Have never ridden Bayview, and have been hearing good things for a long time.

NeilsonWheels

Mad Skillz (675)
Jun 24, 2013
02:57 pm

Keen for a ride tonight..... plenty of moonlight around if we get too lost.

NeilsonWheels

Mad Skillz (675)
Jun 25, 2013
06:07 am

Bayview at night was a blast - so many tight but flowing trails creating a tunnel effect. The super bright moon allowed us to ride for a short while without additional lights - great fun. We'll be back again in a few weeks. Cheers guys.

ezroller 44

Mad Skillz (594)
Jun 25, 2013
09:36 am

Wow Bayview was fantastic, and looking at the map this morning we only rode half of the area available. A definite spot for another night ride very soon. 2 great highlights for the night "lights out" and riding through the dense trees with a tunnel effect.

flyboy 21

Grim Ripper (1866)
Jun 25, 2013
11:41 am

Quote: ezroller

Wow Bayview was fantastic, and looking at the map this morning we only rode half of the area available. A definite spot for another night ride very soon. 2 great highlights for the night "lights out" and riding through the dense trees with a tunnel effect.

Shame I had to work and missed out.

How were your legs after the caning they got on Sunday? The Monday night ride was traditionally a good "recovery" ride.

Edit: Are we still talking a Duck Creek rd ride next Monday night? If so, I'm in! Great Epic training.

✎ Jun 25, 2013 11:50 am  

Lonster44

Dirt Squirt (119)
Jun 27, 2013
11:32 am

Duck Creek Rd next Monday night???

Yes please! I have organised my wife and kids so that i can get a leave pass to put myself through the torture of the climb and the rewarding downhill.

Time and Place???

Car Pool to base???

flyboy 21

Grim Ripper (1866)
Jun 27, 2013
11:56 am

[Duck Creek Rd next Monday night??? Yes please! I have organised my wife and kids so that i can get a leave pass to put myself through the torture of the climb and the rewarding downhill. Time and Place??? Car Pool to base??? ] I will be there. Will meet any starters at the corner of Kerry rd and Duck Ck rd(if thats the start point) As Lonster asks, "start time?". EDIT: Can't quote or punctuate from an over-rated ipad. Sorry if its hard to read. ;(

✎ Jun 27, 2013 11:58 am  

ezroller 44

Mad Skillz (594)
Jun 27, 2013
12:58 pm

Rain Rain and More Rain forecast from tomorrow onwards. Might be a bit slippery if forecasted amounts hit (20+mm per day for next 4 days).

Count me in for Bayview again if not too wet 092cents

flyboy 21

Grim Ripper (1866)
Jun 28, 2013
12:36 am

Quote: ezroller

Rain Rain and More Rain forecast from tomorrow onwards. Might be a bit slippery if forecasted amounts hit (20+mm per day for next 4 days).

Count me in for Bayview again if not too wet 092cents

Soft......

ezroller 44

Mad Skillz (594)
Jun 28, 2013
08:31 am

Yeah, i'll pay that 09bawl

The downhill would be just like what Ducks do best - Slide in mud!!!

Duck Creek Slide perhaps

Lonster44

Dirt Squirt (119)
Jun 28, 2013
10:01 am

As long as it is not torrential on Monday night I dont really care where we ride. I have a family leave pass and I plan to use it!!!

ezroller 44

Mad Skillz (594)
Jun 30, 2013
02:45 pm

Monday forecasat is more rain, so trails will be too wet. Anyone up for another City Lights trip??

Same time as last time, park & depart Logan Rd / Pacific Motorway intersection @ 7pm. Need a ride, and think that this will be the best option - can even give the new Veloway1 a spin down.

Who's in / or any other ideas?

chriss4242

Knob Scrubber (499)
Jun 30, 2013
07:07 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. 50-100mm forecast. I guess we make a decision getting closer to ride time.

NeilsonWheels

Mad Skillz (675)
Jul 01, 2013
06:53 am

If its not raining - keen for a city ride to get the legs moving.

geoff_tewierik

Dirt Squirt (181)
Jul 01, 2013
07:43 am

I should be good for this one, meet you at the bottom of the hill like last time, can also guide you onto the new section of the Veloway.

Lonster44

Dirt Squirt (119)
Jul 01, 2013
08:47 am

I am in for tonight too. As I live bayside I will drive to the Glenn Hotel. (Hmmmm maybe if it is raining too much I could just stay there for a brew or 4)

chriss4242

Knob Scrubber (499)
Jul 01, 2013
02:38 pm

I'm out - made other plans that aren't weather dependent.

Lonster44

Dirt Squirt (119)
Jul 01, 2013
02:48 pm

Yes the radar isn't looking too friendly.

I will still go if others are keen.

If there are no other takers then I may just go and finish rebuilding (or attempting to rebuild) the drivetrain on my brothers bike.