These DH trails are on Private Property, but are open for MTBA members. A black diamond run, the current club track is called "Snake Bite" it is currently 3.2km in length and will be 3.5km when it is finished. There is a shuttle road that takes you from the finish to the trail head. As the track is on private property you must go to the Paragliding club house and sign a waiver before you ride. MTBA club membership or a Day licence is a must.
Facilities: Phone reception, toilets
Access via: From Manilla (approx 10mins to Mt Borah) :
- Drive through town and then head (direction Barraba) north over the Namoi River Bridge
- 200m after bridge, turn left into Boggabri Rd (you will see a paraglider graphic left pointer sign - IMPORTANT - DO NOT drive straight ahead to Barraba and Upper Manilla like most Car GPS Navi units tell you to do !!!!!)
- Drive 1km
- Just after Manilla River concrete bridge turn right into Wimbourne Rd (you will see a paraglider graphic right pointer sign), after 300m Wimbourne Rd has a T intersection where you continue to the right.
- Drive 11kms (its gravel after 6kms)
- Count 2 big creek dips on the way – go slow they are badly designed !
- Just after the 2nd big dip (gully crossing) 11kms turn right into Manilla Paragliding sign posted driveway.
- NOTE : Mt Borah access road is 50m further along Wimbourne Rd on left.
Thanks to: North West Mountain Bikers